Saturday, December 27, 2008

2009.

I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions. I don't believe in Valentine's Day for the same reasons. Gestures and actions and promises put into one tiny day slot on a calendar, full of pressure and expectation, aren't actually indicative of anything to me.

Change only requires will...if you've got that part down, you'll most likely find the way regardless of whether it's December 27 or July 2 or the much-anticipated January 1.

So, for that reason, I don't make New Year's Resolutions. Change comes quickly and change comes gradually and change sometimes seems like it's not coming but always rolls around to anyways, often regardless of whether you want it to or not.

But, most importantly, change is what you make of it. There are, of course, things in this world which you can control and things which you cannot. But, at the end of the day, you are your life. So make it what you want it to be. Pay no heed to the day of the year, the time of the day or the people and places and faces that you believe to be in your way.

Make no resolutions. Make decisions.

I'm excited for a fresh start, both in terms of the website and in other, more personal aspects. It just so happens that this year such change is happening on the cusp of a crazy, messy, glorious 2008 and [hopefully] even crazier 2009, but I won't live my life based on the conditions set upon me by a clock. It just so happens. And so, for the time being, I'll take it as it is. All things must pass. It's what you make of the passing and, more significantly, the starting again that counts.

So this is my HAPPY NEW YEAR resolution to myself.

P.S. New site with more fashion-based content up in the new year! I'm hoping for the 'launch' sometime within the first week of January, so keep your eyes peeled!

P.P.S. I wish all of you the happiest, most challenging, exciting, fabulous 2009's! And an amazing New Year's Eve, of course!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are on the same planet....

Jennifer said...

Happy new year! Can't wait to see the new site!