Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tonight's The Night

The new site is being put together rapidly and will be unveiled any day now, but in the meantime I can't help but share my excitement for what is to be my favourite New Year's Eve outfit ever.

Like most every fashion-obsessed woman out there, I've had a thing for Kate Moss for as far back as I can remember. She was my first real female style icon, and what better way to ring in a sublime 2009 than to recreate one of my favourite looks of hers?

It's Ms. Moss' 30th birthday party look (as pictured below); the party was cleverly themed The Beautiful and the Damned, alluding to an F. Scott Fitzgerald novel that deals namely with love, money, debauchery, decadence and all of the usual related suspects. The look of the café society (the OG jet-setters, in case you were wondering) has pretty much been my Winter 08-09 personal fashion concept anyways, so it's not too much of a departure for me to create this specific look. Nonetheless, there are few things in this world that get me riled up more than the prospect of having my three favourite things - a good party, a good outfit and good hair - all rolled up into one spectacular night.

Results of my hair-curled, smoky-eyed, gussied-up self will be probably be posted at some point over the weekend.

In the meantime, have an AMAZING New Year's Eve and see you in Oh-Nine!!!!!

xox

S

11 comments:

Demi said...

thank you honey :)
and yes, its beautiful!

aw, I used to always read your blog, but then I lost it!

have an amazing new year honey, and I hope 2009 holds many amazinggg things for you! :D
xx

Strawberry Fields said...

that will look awesome on you! have a great night and best for the new year =) xx

DaisyChain said...

I am so glad to find you again! Happiest of New Years doll x

chauss said...

s, can't wait to see your pix.
moi? probably will wear my black latex type leggings et al...
i am so glad we are cyber friends and can meet on the 4th for now, and someday on the 3rd....
white and gold light,xx, chauss

Couture Carrie said...

Can't wait for the new site!

Happy New Year's eve, S!

xoxox,
CC

Merily said...

Have a fantastic new year, darling!

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of your outfit! It sounds amazing!
Happy New Year!

Thank you for the amazing comment! It made my day!

FASHION CHALET said...

I wish you the best of NYE's ever, dear. Put that clutch I mailed you to good use! ;)

Thanks for the comments and warm praise, darling.

LOVE U.

xx

Sharon S said...

Hi there-Happy New Year, look forward to the new blog!!

Strawberry Fields said...

=D thank you! did you have a good NYE? how did the outfit go? xx

Ashleigh said...

Cant wait to see the pics ;)
XXX